Friday, November 11, 2011

How I've Been Spending/Wasting My Time

I have recently discovered Pinterest.  How I lived this long without it I have no idea.

Pinterest is a virtual bulletin board.  You can "pin" any image you see on the computer to your virtual bulletin board, and you can have many, many bulletin boards.  For a person like me who is constantly ripping pages out of magazines and then has to listen to Hubby complain what-are-you-ever-going-to-do-with-all-those-scraps-of-paper, it's perfect.

But here's the thing: when I finish a magazine, it's done.  I throw the magazine away and I stick my rip-outs in a cute little folder I keep for just such meaningless crap.  But the world wide internets goes on forever.  There's always MORE stuff to look at and MORE stuff to pin.

I KNOW what you're thinking . . .  "I WISH I had that kind of time to sit on the computer."  You, my friend, are missing my point entirely.  I absolutely do NOT have time to be farting around on the computer, but unfortunately, Pinterest is my Mommy Crack.  I gotta have it, man.

Once I pin something, I get all inspired and stuff.  Since I discovered Pinterest a few weeks ago, I have done the following:


1.  Made a Halloween wreath out of tulle.  I bought a foam wreath and about 12 rolls of tulle ribbon, then tied them in knots around the wreath.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.


2.  Made a Fall Wreath out of Burlap.  Same idea, except I bought burlap at the fabric store and used a metal wreath.  It needs more color or a sassy monogram or something.  


3.  A Halloween wreath made of ribbon.  Ribbon was $1 a spool at Michaels, so including the wreath frame, this whole thing only cost about $15 to make.  How ya like me now.



4.  A Halloween skirt.  This was an ambitious undertaking for me and I almost stabbed my eyes out  with a sewing needle because I was so flimmin' flammin' flustrated.  It looks cute on, BUT, the pattern doesn't match at the seams, the lining is, um, noticeably not sewn to the hem of the skirt, and I had to fasten it at the waist with a rather large safety pin and monitor my Reeses Peanut Butter Cup consumption all night.



5.  Pillows.  I used the pillows from our old living room sofa, and I bought the patterned fabric from the clearance section.  


There you have it.  This is the reason my children didn't bathe ONCE during the week of Halloween and Medium wore the same underwear Monday through Friday.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, kids.