Things Baseball Moms Know:
1. If you don’t check pockets, you’re going to end up with soggy sunflower seeds in your washing machine.
2. If you have socks in red, yellow, green, blue, black, purple, and white, Coach is going to request orange socks for this season.
3. White baseball pants last ONE season, and they’re only white for the first game. After that they’re orange. Forever.
4. Tom Hanks was wrong; there IS crying in baseball, and it usually starts when your kid has been on the mound for an entire inning, the bases are loaded, he keeps hitting batters, and he can't find the strike zone.
5. Eventually you’re going to reach for your wallet and end up pulling an athletic cup out of your purse.
6. They all look the same when they’re out in the outfield, so that kid who’s dancing Gangnam Style at center field could easily be yours.
7. T-Ball is THE most boring game to watch in the history of EVER, and it is not an appropriate pastime for the child who has attention deficit issues.
8. Do NOT drink whatever-that-is in the Gatorade bottle in the console. That’s Coach’s spit bottle.
9. That dad who’s sitting in a lawn chair outside the outfield fence, by himself, with a cooler and a stainless steel cup, instead of sitting in the stands with the moms? He’s no dummy.
10. If you remembered his glove, you forgot his cleats. If you remembered his cleats, you forgot his cup. If you remembered his cup, you forgot his glove. Repeat.
Happy Spring, y'all!