It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I’ve been singing it all week! We had a great summer and I enjoyed having the boys home – I loved sleeping in late, staying in pj’s until noon, and splashing at the pool.
But it was time.
I have neither the physical nor the mental stamina to entertain and stimulate 3 children any longer. God bless the homeschooling mom . . . I don’t know how you protect yourself from rocking-back-and-forth smooshy brain. I couldn’t do it. We love each other a little more if we spend approximately 7 hours apart per day.
For those of you lamenting, “where did the summer go?” I’ll tell you:
- It went to the dentist
- It went to countless movies and ate many a bucket of popcorn
- It went to basketball camp
- It went to Dinosaurland in White Post, VA
- It got a new basketball hoop
- It went to the pool
- It saw a Washington Nationals game
- It baked cookies
- It saw a Baltimore Orioles game
- It got new tires for the Swagger Wagon
- It saw two Richmond Flying Squirrels games
- It built forts out of blankets and pillows
- It survived a storm that may or may not have been a tornado
- It visited Uncle Chris and Aunt Kathy and our new baby cousin, Maya
- It had eye surgery
- It went to Vacation Bible School
- It constructed Lego masterpieces
- It went to the county fair
- It paid a visit to Patient First
- It went on bike rides
- It saw the Demolition Derby and the Rodeo
- It went to a National Symphony Orchestra concert at Wolf Trap
- It went to baseball practice
- It watched The Muppets and/or Cars EVERY day
- It cleaned and purged closets
- It went to Hershey Park
- It had several sleepovers
- It went to Granny and Papa’s
- It went to Sesame Place
|It's hard work sitting in the seat while|
Mommy pedals all over the 'hood.
I'mtired. You kids enjoy gettin’ your Learn on. Mommy’s gonna take a nap.