Crappy things that happened to me today:
- After hauling @ss to get to school in time for Large’s Poetry Reading, I spent the duration of the morning chasing Small around, trying to keep his sticky little hands off the hallway display of papier mache volcanoes and playing this game:
We coulda played this at home.
|Now offering Parenting Lessons.|
Free of charge. Aisle 7.
- During my weekly trip to my Place of Worship, Target, an employee who clearly is the epitome of Parenting and has more knowledge on how to raise my child than I do, pointed out that Small was standing on a chair in the café “and he could fall hurt himself.”
“Oh no, he’s fine. Thanks!” I replied, kindly.
And then he fell.
We need to work on his timing.
- I found out that the sleep study the allergist recommended and said would cost “maybe $180,” is really going to cost closer to $2000 out-of-pocket. I mean, how important is it for the kid to be able to breathe clearly really?
- Medium had a temper tantrum, slammed the door into the door stop and put a hole in it. We obviously need to work on his anger management. He was not happy when I took $20 out of his bank to ostensibly cover part of the cost of the door. Enter tantrum #2. But you know what? Apparently I have failed to teach my children about consequences and it’s about d*mn time they learn. If I hear Hubby say “this is why we can’t have nice things!” one more time I’m going to have to break it to him that he sounds just like my dad.
- When I dropped Farley off at the vet so we could board him over the weekend, I had to endure condescending stares, just because Small was playing inside the kitty crate.
Ugh. Yes, I said crappy. Not tragic. Not life-threatening. Not devastating. Just crappy. Sometimes a gal’s just gotta vent a little.