Ellen just kept talking about how she wanted to be on the cover of O Magazine, which was funny because Oprah is Queen of the Universe and she's the only one who is ever on the cover. But it worked!
So this is my campaign to get a shout-out on RantsfromMommyland.com. They have a section called "Blogs We Love," and my current goal in life is to be ON THAT LIST.
I sent them an email this morning, detailing all the reasons why they should love me:
1. I loves Target. When I lived in Manhattan, I used to take the subway 2 stops into Harlem to get my car out of the garage so I could drive it 45 minutes into Queens or Connecticut just so I could go to Target.
2. I have three boys, because even God knows that this house is only big enough for one princess. And that would be me.
3. I truly believe that if I am reincarnated, I will come back as Ms. Dolly Parton. In fact, my signature karaoke song is "9 to 5."
4. Though I birthed my last child a little over a year ago, in reality I've been trying to take off the baby weight (which consists mostly of chocolate and Doritos. Original, not the Cool Ranch,) for about 8 years. I am a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers, and I've decided that this means I will be struggling with my weight for the duration of my lifetime.
5. I have the mouth of a sailor - but there are certain words I do NOT say, and I do my best not to HEAR them either. I refer to nether-regions.
6. I was recently told by a perfectly respectable Tarot Card Reader that I am a deep person, and I have therefore dubbed myself the Dalai Mama.
7. I need to find a way to make money doing this blog thing. I'm a SAHM, and I would love to not have to justify to anyone my 7-days-a-week coffee habit. My husband works hard to support our family . . . and apparently my caffeine addiction based on the amount of money and time I spend at Starbucks.
8. My misadventures at the gym are Pulitzer Prize worthy. You can't make this sh*t up. ( http://boymommynyc.blogspot.com/2011/01/zen-of-nugget.html) You know the fabulous woman in the cute workout clothes whose hair stays perfectly coiffed throughout Body Pump? (kate.) That's not me. I'm the fat girl in the back.
9. I, too, have a shelf. It's where I keep my crumbs. I inherited it from my grandmother, who also called it her shelf. Like me, she took pride in all of her chins and swore that her kidneys were next to her eyeballs, which is why she was so emotional.
10. I buried my mother in a pair of Tweety Bird socks because I knew she wouldn't want to be wearing pantyhose for All Eternity. Mama raised me right.
Check out their blog at rantsfrommommyland.com. When I'm a rich and famous writer, world-renowned for my biting wit and sarcasm, I'll buy you a car. I promise.