Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mommy Happiness

Last night when we were reading stories before bed, Large's choice was a library book, Wallace's Lists by Barbara Bottner and Gerald Kruglik.  This little mouse makes lists of things he'd like to do, things he's already done, his favorite words, etc.  I liked him immediately!  Coincidentally, I ran across the following list last weekend while I was scrapbooking.  There's a lot going on these days, and I feel that what the world needs now is a list of a bunch of little things that put a smile on MY face.  In no particular order, I offer you


A Self-Indulgent List of Things That Make Me Happy

The Washington Post
file folders
Hard Cider
M&Ms
puzzles
margaritas (rocks & salt)
The Cherry Blossom Festival
snail mail
Matchbox cars
sleep
Jack running down the hall
James Taylor
cupcakes
the boys after a bath
a REALLY good book
movie theatre popcorn
People Magazine
hearing I Love You
watching Cal concentrate
shoes
snow suits
naked babies
Diet Coke with lemon
Starbucks
white wine
scrapbooking
having a quiet moment
Farley
outdoor concerts
organization
the beach
The Office
Matt Lauer
This Little Piggie
my boys  (ALL of them.)
Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
Snow Bear
love letters
leaf piles
kisses from my boys
catalogs
being called Mommy
F*R*I*E*N*D*S
Vera Bradley
pedicures
Target
Aveda
Longaberger
country roads
fresh flowers
hugs from my dad
The Disney Fund
holding hands
email
funny greeting cards
my mom's jewelry
the boys' lovies
long, hot, uninterrupted showers
sunny days
the GAP
yellow rain boots
bedtime stories
my iphone
movies
cardigans
cowboy boots
fresh fruit
blue jeans
"Hey Babe"
photographs
Doug's fried chicken
J Crew
Coach bags
picture frames
"Rocky Mountain High"
Nascar
sweet feet
Capon Springs, WV
Colgate University
peanut butter and honey sandwiches
my baby blanket
Tommy Boy
art from the boys
wood-burning fires
grilled cheese
Yankee candles
picking pumpkins
good manners
the "Welcome to Virginia" sign
yellow daisies
Polo oxfords
Flat Stanley
Kenny and Dolly
"Hello, I'm Johnny Cash."
calendars
Barnes and Noble
school supplies
Christopher and Craig
Berkenstocks
Relay for Life
"Fire and Rain"
bubble baths
Safeway donuts
Play-Doh smell
Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Therapy
celebrity sightings
Christmas cards
Miller Lite
knitting
falling snow
my red Mommy blanket
Nestle Tollhouse cookies
Simple Scrapbooks
argyle socks
beads
Hamilton, NY
wedding photos
flannel sheets
Google
Perez Hilton
Saturday Night Live
Jeannie Tate
yoga
Uggs
baby snuggles
Captain Black tobacco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, kids.