A brief inventory of the stuff I just found under the sofa cushions while I was vacuuming:
- Enough goldfish/pretzels/cheerios/dried-up raisins/Golden Grahams/popcorn remnants/Cookie Crisps to feed a third-world country (though not with nutritious foods, mind you.)
- 2 hair ties, which would have been helpful last week when I was . . . um . . . emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet.
- 1 barrette
- 1 knitting needle, size 8
- 5 marbles . . . totally safe when you live with a toddler.
- 1 empty box of raisins
- 2 pencils
- 1 crayon, yellow
- 1 miniature bat that belongs to a Build-a-Bear Yankee Bear. I’m guessing he’s not raking in the RBIs this season since his bat has been located beneath the cushions of my couch.
- 1 Word Wall word
- 2 legos
- 1 sock, formerly black, but now covered in dog fur and dust
- 1 coupon to Babies R Us
- 1 juice box straw
- 1 Thomas the Tank Engine, 60th Anniversary edition
- 1 serving spoon
- 1 chip clip, green
- 1 pen and 1 pen top, found separately
- 1 Target receipt
- 2 dryer sheets
- 1 yogurt tube, empty (thankfully)
- 1 Special K bar wrapper
- enough sand to make our property beach-front and/or to refill the sand box
The sound of the vacuum cleaner only muffled the sound of Small, who was safely standing 2 rooms away, repeating “is scawy” approximately 100 times (though I ball-park, admittedly,) and the dog, who barked as though I were entertaining a masked gunman for morning tea.