Friday, March 16, 2012

The Spoils of my Vacuuming


A brief inventory of the stuff I just found under the sofa cushions while I was vacuuming:

verydemotivational.com
  • Enough goldfish/pretzels/cheerios/dried-up raisins/Golden Grahams/popcorn remnants/Cookie Crisps to feed a third-world country (though not with nutritious foods, mind you.)
  • 2 hair ties, which would have been helpful last week when I was . . . um . . . emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet.
  • 1 barrette
  • 1 knitting needle, size 8
  • 5 marbles . . .  totally safe when you live with a toddler.
  • 1 empty box of raisins
  • 2 pencils
  • 1 crayon, yellow
  • 1 miniature bat that belongs to a Build-a-Bear Yankee Bear.  I’m guessing he’s not raking in the RBIs this season since his bat has been located beneath the cushions of my couch.
  • 1 Word Wall word
  • 2 legos
  • 1 sock, formerly black, but now covered in dog fur and dust
  • 1 coupon to Babies R Us
  • 1 juice box straw
  • 1 Thomas the Tank Engine, 60th Anniversary edition
  • 1 serving spoon
  • 1 chip clip, green
  • 1 pen and 1 pen top, found separately
  • 1 Target receipt
  • 2 dryer sheets
  • 1 yogurt tube, empty (thankfully)
  • 1 Special K bar wrapper
  • enough sand to make our property beach-front and/or to refill the sand box


The sound of the vacuum cleaner only muffled the sound of Small, who was safely standing 2 rooms away, repeating “is scawy” approximately 100 times (though I ball-park, admittedly,) and the dog, who barked as though I were entertaining a masked gunman for morning tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, kids.