Friday, October 14, 2011

My Day as a Fat Audrey Hepburn


Recently, some girlfriends staged a cardigan intervention.  Let it be known that one of my girlfriends is spreading a nasty rumor that I have 30 cardigans.  NOT true.  I had 27 at last count.  Just to be clear, I consider any sweater with an open front a cardigan.  So yes, I have the button-up cardigans from Lands’ End, but I also have some sassy flowy cardigans from Lands’ End. 

Anyhoo, in light of our recent conversation, I decided maybe I should break out of my jeans habit.  I have ALWAYS worn jeans.  When I feel like dressing up I wear khakis.  And a cardigan.  I broke out of my comfort zone and made two significant purchases: jeggings and black leggings.  For those of you who are not in the know jeggings are jean-leggings.  

Jeggings = good.  Jorts = bad. 

I had a little fashion show for my Happy Hour neighbor, who is quite the fashionista.  And by fashionista, I mean she hardly ever wears jeans.  She gave me some pointers on how to wear my jeggings (with boots because they’re a tad short) and my leggings (with either boots or flats.)  Yesterday I got all crazy and wore my black leggings with a long cable cardigan.  Tres cute, at least from the front.  I have no idea about the back, so perhaps I should just issue a blanket apology to anyone who may have found themselves unwittingly walking behind me. 

I looked JUST like Audrey Hepburn!

If Audrey Hepburn bought her leggings at Old Navy, her shirt at Target, and her ballet flats at PayLess.  And she also had humidity-induced frizzy hair and, to borrow a line from Steel Magnolias, it looked like “two pigs fightin’ under a blanket” when she took her sweater off.  EXACTLY like her.   

1 comment:

  1. This was so funny. O yes, I may happen to find myself in exactly the same situation...in the cardigan situation I mean :-).
    There is no way I am going to war jeggings though, i'm not that brave

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, kids.